"Victor S. Miller" <VICTOR@YKTVMZ>
Tue, 31 May 88 10:34:28 EDT
I moderate theory net via LISTSERV at NDSUVM1 and at DEARN.  I have about
30 local redistribution lists at various sites (usually when I have about 10
subscribers at one location, I ask someone to set up a redistribution list --
some were requested that way).  Is there some mechanism  in LISTSERV that would
allow the following (my example is from MIT): someone at MIT wants to
subscribe.  If they send me mail directly I usually forward it to the person
responsible for the MIT list.  However, once in a while they will send
mail to listserv with a SIGNUP request.  At that point I usually forward
their request manually to MIT, and when I have acknowledgement that they
have been added there I delete them from the list.  Could there be some way
of setting up something on listserv that would cactch all requests from
some node ending in .MIT.EDU (for example), and forwarding it to the local
moderator (whose address would, of course, need to be supplied).  If the
local list is managed by another listserv (I have about 6 or 7 of those)
this could even be completely automatic.