Alan Batie <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 May 1997 10:31:53 -0700
> > Quite  frankly, this is  no way  to  run an  Internet.  Once the DRUMS
>
> Have you tried talking to spammers about that?  Obviously, I don't
> know exactly why AOL has implemented this change, but there probably
> is a good reason (if not, why do it?).

Having recently implemented the latest sendmail to block my site from
being used as a relay, I can fully understand why they did it --- dealing
with source routes greatly complicated matters, and I'm still not certain
I got it right.  I'm quite tempted to follow their lead.

Disclaimer: I'm referring to a non-Intel system, and I'm not speaking for
or representing Intel.

--
Alan Batie                     ------        What goes up, must come down.
[log in to unmask]        \    /        Ask any system administrator.