Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:45:54 -0400
On 11 Jul 00, at 15:09, Marc Stober <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I need some help configuring a  list. Only the list owner should be able
> to post to the list (we have that working). However, if another person
> sends a message to the list address, we'd like the message to be sent to
> the list owner. We sort of have this working by having set Send=Editor,
> but, we really don't want the "Your message has been submitted to the
> moderator" reply

This message is the POST_EDITOR template. You can change it to suit you or
you can cancel it by putting the following line in it:
.QQ

If you cancel it completely, people may wonder why their message didn't
appear on the list and send it over and over. If it's a newsletter, that's
less likely to happen though.

> nor the "This message was originally submitted..."
> heading when the message goes to the owner. How can we do this?

Set Editor-Header=No in your list header.

> Also, is it possible to make the owner the default editor -- currently we
> just have the same address entered twice on a great number of our lists?

I'm pretty sure that if you don't specify an Editor, the first Owner is
used as the editor.

Francoise