Bob Socrates McWhirter <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Feb 1993 16:38:01 CST
This is what I got when I asked the postmaster at [log in to unmask]
--------------------------------------
The procedures for creating a new list:
  (1) Search all the existing lists to see if the list exists in your
      subject area.
        LISTSOF LISTS from LISTSERV@NDSUVM1 explains how to get all
        the existing lists.  To get the file, send a mail to
        LISTSERV@NDSUVM1 with the following message in text:
                   get listsof lists

  (2) If you don't find any list is in your subject area, please send
      a message to LSTSRV-L@UGA to ask for a LISTSERV sponsor for your
      new list. If you aren't on LSTSRV-L list, ask people send the response
      directly to you.
-----------

Obviously, no one else has my journal to have a list for.  Therefore my
list would not be redundant.  (1) has been taken care of.

I now did (2).

I am only on Internet, no BITNET here.  But I can (obviously) get messages
across with ease.  I am on the LSTSRV-L list (just subscribed).

Could I not be a list owner since I am on Internet (yet still reachable by
most people)?

Sorry to be sounding ignorant, but this is all kinda new to me (getting a
list started).

-Bob

|         Bob Socrates McWhirter         | Writer, Thinker and |
| Internet: [log in to unmask] |    Coffee Drinker   |