Michael Loftis <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:32:13 -0600
--On September 13, 2005 4:42:35 PM -0500 Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> At 03:13 PM 9/13/2005 -0600, Michael Loftis wrote:
>> All I know is that our site at Modwest.com, despite multiple
>> attempts, still does not apparently show up in the backbone.
>
> I see one request (not multiple ones) in our registration archive for
> registration from Modwest back in April.  The problem is that the
> requirements are (from the registration form page):
>
>> L-Soft registers only sites that have unlimited (UNITS=0) licenses
>> or sites licensed for DISTRIBUTE-only use, which are running version
>> 1.8d or higher of LISTSERV Classic or LISTSERV Classic HPO.
>> (Versions prior to 1.8d are not Y2K compliant and therefore sites
>> seeking new LISTSERV registrations must be running the release
>> version of 1.8d or later.)
>
> Modwest has a 20-point graduated license, so you are not eligible for
> registration, as stated on the form.

So it was silently rejected.  Very frustrating.  And yes, it is partly my
fault for not reading entirely, but I was under the impression we received
the distrubuted SPAM filtering as part of the purchase price, the marketing
material led us to believe that anyway.