Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 May 1998 22:48:08 -0400
At 09:59 AM 5/27/98 CDT, Texas A&M Listserv Manager wrote:
>On Wed, 27 May 1998 08:43:15 -0500 David Young said:
>>Pine will do this via the Bounce command.
>

>Actually, not quite.  Bounce will not allow you to edit the message
>first (which was a key part of what he (and me) want to do).

As long as you're talking pine, I presume you're on a UNIX system.
Just save the message to a file (with all headers), and edit both headers
and body to what you want, being careful that the new headers are still
RFC-compliant (e.g., continued header lines start with white space;
blank line separates headers from the message body).  Then just
feed the file to sendmail:
        sendmail -oi -t < youreditedfile
and you will send what you want, not what some mail client author
thinks you wanted.  (Note... sendmail is probably not in your
default path; you'll probably have to either put it there or
give the full path, such as /usr/lib/sendmail .)

If your system is not running sendmail, other MTAs probably have
similar invocation; or you can use vanilla UNIX "mail" (check the
man page) similarly to the sendmail example.

Hope that helps,
Stan
--
vi or emacs?  Real programmers use "cat".