Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:55:14 EST
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:25:13 +0100 Matti Vainio said:
>Technical support at chek.com says that: "LSMTP reportedly violates
>RFC822 standard by terminating lines in the header and body with only
>LF. As such, Qmail will reject the mail with status 451, with the
>error body pointing to a site explaining the problem."

I've run across this before.  A message was being rejected because it
contained a header quoted *in the body of the email* which happened to
have an LF in the line!

So, firstly, this LF was not at the end of a line, yet qmail complained
anyhow.  And second, if these qmail folks knew a damn about "standards"
why are they rejecting a message that THEY consider can NEVER be delivered
with a 451 error which means the error is TEMPORARY, not permanent?

I have little respect for Qmail, as you can tell.

--
Bill Gruber
City University of New York Computer Center