Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:30:49 -0400
On 9 Aug 2004 at 11:55, Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I had not tried the Reports section on the new list management web
> page.  Is this supposed to be fully functional?

Yes, with the caveat that the experience may be sub-optimal with very
large sites or very large lists or very large changelog files. (Very
active sites and lists should choose their changelog time interval to
keep the changelog relatively small, yearly, monthly, or weekly --
keeping in mind though, that in 1.8e you can only report on the
current changelog). We are aware of the issues and hope to improve
them some for the next version.

> On the subscriber reporting page, I cannot select any of the Report
> Columns.

Do you have a list selected? I can't think of anything that would
cause a problem selecting report columns.

> Also, nothing happens when I try "List Reporting".  Page
> just  times out.

Perhaps the "time out" on your web server and/or browser needs to be
adjusted?

I know of timeout issues with the changelog reports on very large
changelogs (I have experienced them personally), but have not heard
of similar issues with the subscriber and list reports. I recommend
submitting these to L-Soft support (log file extracts from when you
attempt to make these reports will be helpful).

Francoise