"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Mon, 27 Feb 89 12:41:10 GMT
The results of survey  #2 are available, in the same way  as the first survey,
as SURV2 INTRO, SURV2 COMMENTS and SURV2  RAWDATA. Before you rush to type the
TELL LISTSERV AT LEPICS commands, please take note of the following:

- As for survey #1,  the RAWDATA file will not be distributed  to any list. If
  you want it, please order it from [log in to unmask]

- The COMMENTS  and INTRO  files are  being distributed  to the  LSTSRV-L list
  ONLY. If you are not on LSTSRV-L and you would like a copy, you will have to
  order them from [log in to unmask] I didn't send them to LSTSRV-M and EARN-NOG
  because most  people on  that list  are also  on LSTSRV-L,  and the  few who
  aren't can order the files directly rather than the majority getting several
  copies.

I have sent  a description of the  three present plans to Alain  Auroux, and I
hope the  EARN Executive  will be able  to discuss them  at the  next meeting.
There are then three possibilities:

1. EARN  agrees with one  of the three  plans. In that  case, I can  start the
   final survey  (#3) immediately, and  indicate the preferred EARN  choice in
   the introduction.

2. EARN does  not like any of the  plans, but has nothing else  to propose. In
   that case I can also start the survey immediately, and I expect EARN not to
   complain if they do not like the final decision.

3. EARN does not  like any of the plans, and has something  else to propose. I
   will then wait  up to 2-3 weeks  for EARN to prepare a  description of this
   proposal, which we will probably call plan #4, and make the final survey as
   soon as it is ready.

In any case  survey #3 ought to  have been finished before the  15th of March,
which leaves plenty of time to finalize the agreements before EARN'89.

  Eric