Gregory Decker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 10:50:52 -0400

> On Tue, 24 Sep 1996 11:22:46 CDT Chris Barnes said:
> >I seem to recall that someone said they had a unix shell script
> >(perl?) that would automagically take care of the details of creating
> >a new list on the Unix listserv (eg. add the appropriate aliases to
> >the sendmail.cf file, etc).
> >
> >I am very much interested in getting a copy of such a beast.  Does
> >it exist, or was it just "wish list" of things hoped for?

As promised, my list creation Perl programs may be obtained by
anonymous ftp at list.nih.gov in the pub subdirectory. Look for
putnewlist and dowbload either putnewlist.tar.Z or putnewlist.tar.gz.
They are the same. Read the README as these scripts must be modified
for your envirnoment before they will work.

The automated scripts to move from VM to UNIX are being modified for
distribution to the public. They are somewhat more 'involved'.

        ...Greg

Gregory Decker
National Institutes of Health/DCRT/NSB
PH:  301-402-4763
FAX: 301-480-6041
EMail: [log in to unmask]

|   Disclaimer: Any resemblance between the above views and those of my      |
|   employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely              |
|   coincidental.  Any resemblance between the above and my own views is     |
|   non-deterministic.  The question of the existence of views in the        |
|   absence of anyone to hold them is left as an exercise for the reader.    |
                                                                anonymous