Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 22:19:20 -0500
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:53:02 -0500, Kyle Gerbrandt
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>When a message bounces back to ListServ saying the user doesn't exist, or
>the domain is invalid or whatever, ListServ records the email address and
>the time. As far as I can tell it doesn't record WHY the email that was
>sent didn't reach the address it was sent to. It only says "bounce".

If you are referring to the NOLIST-xyz.CHANGELOG recording of a 'bounce' as
BOUNCE (this method is normally only used with DISTRIBUTE jobs and DBMS driven
mailings), then this is all the information LISTSERV is supposed to record.  If
you have a different situation or settings then you need to be more specific in
your question, perhaps quoting experpts froms logs, etc. so we can tell the
context of your question.