leon pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 May 1997 12:33:21 -1000
I am posting the information below regarding a New list that I have
started. I am looking for a volunteer-host for this list.

The list is closed but unmoderated and for fans of Lowden guitars to share
info. I have recently graduated from the Univ. of Hawaii and my account
there is a "gift". Therefore, I cannot ask the Univ network to host my
list. I hope that someone here can help.

As this is a small and free list, I would rather not pay for a site to host
it--unless there was no other option.

Aloha,

Leon
LOWDEN via [log in to unmask]     Cult of Lowden guitar evangelists

LOWDEN is an open, unmoderated discussion for guitarists who are
enthusiasts of Lowden guitars.

Discussion topics may include:
- reviews/recommendations of individual model and pickup/amplification setups.
- reviews of sound qualities of various wood combinations
- friendly advice on care, maintenance, etc.
- problems
- best prices/best dealers
- recent acquisitions
- recent performances, recordings, and triumphs
- sightings (e.g., Eric Clapton at the Grammy's, Cassandra Wilson's
  guitarist, etc)
- Lowden-related anecdotes
- guitars by other luthiers that may appeal to us (although Lowdens will
  remain the focus of this list)
- and for what styles/qualities we use them
- anything else you care to contribute

As membership and discussion develops, I hope to create a FAQ (with the
help of volunteers) and a Who's Who list.

To subscribe to LOWDEN, send the following command to [log in to unmask]
in the BODY of email:

SUBSCRIBE LOWDEN

Owner: Leon Pereira <[log in to unmask]>

NOTE:  This list is unofficial, i.e. not affiliated with the Lowden guitar
       company or any of its dealers dealer.
NOTE2: The nickname "Cult of Lowden" is used humorously to reflect our
       enthusiasm.

                                 -------
Use this information at your own risk.  For more information and disclaimer
send E-mail to [log in to unmask] with the command  INFO NEW-LIST
in the body.