Tue, 15 Jan 1991 16:29:51 PST
I've just started using the Listserv as a listowner and
have two potentially naive questions.

1) Regarding the File server aspects of listserv, I have followed
   the instructions in Ben Chi's guide. However, I am denied
   permission from retrieving the control version of the filelist
   that I, as listowner, have permission to put. How can I update
   the filelist?

2) I would like to send a different or additional message to new
   subscribers as they join. Is this possible and if so, how?
   (This may have been discussed before, in which case, please send
   me the date so I could pull over the right notebook.)

Thanx for your attention, Jason

Jason B. Hendrix                                    9531hend@ucsbuxa