"Carrington, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:48:35 -0500
Good evening,

I am wondering if there is any way that I can prevent subscribers from using
profanity on the list. My ideal method would to be to have any e-mail
messages that contained "4 letter" words to be rejected, with the list of
no-no words configurable by the list or site owner.

I know all about counseling the list members and telling them to stop, I'm
just wondering if I can head it off before it even happens!

Conversely, It would also be interesting to only allow posts that did
contain a certain word someplace in the message..so if I had a list about
flowers, I would only allow posts that contain the word "flower" to be
distributed. That way, I could proactively help the list stay on topic. :)

I'm running Listserv 1.8d and LSMTP on Windows NT, if that matters.

Thanks,
TomC