Marc Shannon <MS5U@CMUCCVMA>
Tue, 18 NOV 86 16:49:43 EST
I don't know with whom I agree because, to be honest, I have lost track
of all the arguments.

I feel that LISTSERV is here so that we can help Bitnet.  (Notation made
that some Listservs are running for private use only.)  But the argument
of how does it justify CMU (or the local institution of your choice) is
very prevalent.

Finally I came to the conclusion that often I have to wait for a file from
some server somewhere (just last night I requested three from NICSERVE)
and my files would have to wait behind 40 1500+ record files going from
WISCVM SMTPUSER to random Bitnet sites across the CUNY-PSU link.  If I,
and hopefully others here, let our Listservs help reduce the network load,
then it is feasable that I might only have to wait for 3 or 4 of those
1500+ record files to go through...A savings of 90%!

Eric, consider me in full support of Listserv DISTRIBUTE for Arpa digests.

--Marc Shannon
  Lowly student software person at CMU