"Stone, Keith" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 11:25:27 -0600
I should note that the end users using the databases I mentioned weren't
writing DISTRIBUTE jobs themselves either. We built a desktop tool that
built all the jobs from text and lists stored in an Oracle database.
They never say the raw email jobs or did anything more complicated than
composing a mail-merge in Word-like interface and pressing "Send".

Simple mail-merge really isn't all that difficult, but I agree that once
you get into multi-part emails (and when you consider graphics) you have
to really be a gluten for punishment.  The documentation is cryptic at
best, and I can assume it won't improve since I'm sure bad documentation
helps the sales of Maestro. ;-)

Keith Stone
EDS - Airline SOA Production Engineering
5630 University Parkway
Winston Salem, NC 27105

( Phone:+1-336-744-4373(8-436)
+ mailto:[log in to unmask]

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Francoise Becker
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Maestro?

<snip>

Frankly, I don't know why anyone except the L-Soft programmers working
on Maestro would still be messing with DISTRIBUTE jobs.
That's what Maestro is for.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html