June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Mon, 23 May 88 09:51:12 PDT
Perhaps what I ned to do is clarify something about how RELAY works.
I'd always been under the impression that it only relayed users on
the RELAY machines.  From Jeff's last note it sounds like it does
have the ability to connect users at nodes which are not running
RELAY themselves.  I had always assumed we didn't need to worry
about RELAY here because our users couldn't get into it.  Now I'm
wondering if I should be looking for our users connecting via another
host.  Can I do that?

If Mike's new conference facility will allow any machine which can
support interactive messages to connect I withdraw my previous
concerns.  That will probably cover 80% or more of the host pool, but
I hope that the documentation will make it very clear what to do if
you have to attach via a remote server.

I'll sign on to CONFER-L (If someone will remind me who was hosting it
:-) and look for answers to above questions there (but give me time
to get signed on please).

/June

To:  LSTSRV-L(LSTSRV-L@POLYGRAF)