Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Sep 1991 11:28:38 EST
On Fri, 27 Sep 1991 17:49:31 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>No, and since these  messages are not meant to be replied  to I don't see
>why it would be important/necessary.

Because there are other reasons than replying to send mail to LISTSERV.
Not to mention sending mail to the node for the list itself.

If a person wants to sign off a list that someone else subscribed them
to or "SET list NOMAIL" while they're on vacation, they have to know how
to address a BITNET (NJE) network address.  In the same case, if someone
wants to send to the mailing list, they have to know how to address the
node.  Sure, they can ask someone, but LISTSERV itself knows and can
tell them.

I admit it.  I'm lazy.  I'd like to have my computer do things I can do
myself, including saying "If you're on Internet, replace the references
to "IRISHVMA" with "VMA.CC.ND.EDU".  But, I guess I'll have to do it
myself.

Nick