Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 May 2007 12:59:42 -0400
On: Fri, May 04, 2007 at 12:39:27PM -0400,Melody Fleishauer Wrote:

}  I know this has been a problem in the past where EarthLink & HotMail
} subscribers were receiving multiple copies of newsletters but did anyone
} find out anything as to why?
}
}   I am trying to work with a EarthLink support person and all he can say is
} "Yes, that subscriber received multiple copies sent from your SMTP server".
} Is there any information available from past investigations into this?

The USUAL reason for this is that when the server sent the item to ELK,
the ELK system got the email ok, but something went wrong in the ack so
that the sending server thought it had a problem and requed the item to
be sent again.

There are other possibilities, this is just the most common cause.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67