Michael Gettes <CCMRG@BOSTONU>
Mon, 03 Aug 87 9:52:00 EDT
Prime example of MAIL TRANSFER AGENTS using the Sender: address for
reporting problems: The IBM-NETS list this weekend had problems sending
mail through the MIT-MULTICS gateway (again!) and the Multics Gateway
sent the problem report to the Sender field which was - of course -
IBM-NETS @ BITNIC (at least I thought it was IBM-NETS; Monday morning -
I may not be thinking straight.) Anyhow, I got something like 6 or 7
copies of this error-reporting mail. I would hope that this would spark
the need for realization of implementation instead of just imagination.
Any thought?
            - Michael Gettes, Boston University