Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 21 Mar 1987 00:05 SET
  Well, as I have already said, IBM NOTE format is an awful mess and is nearly
impossible to parse by a program. I do not intend to support anything but PURE
IBM NOTE format because there exist  at least three thousand variations on the
format. For  example, SENDGATE may  cause the  " at "  word to float  a little
around its "official" column when the note  format is long. John's mod is just
fine for a site running SENDGATE, but  it may treat as 'long' format a 'short'
format  note  with  multiple  recipients,  or incorrectly  parse  the  name  &
userid@node in a  long header if the  name contains the word  'at' (eg Systems
Group Operation  Support at FRXXX11 userid  at node). I'm not  saying that the
mod is not ok -- merely that  it cannot become part of the 'official' LSVXMAIL
because other people will unavoidably complain about malfunctions.

  Eric