Robert Menschel <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 21:20:11 -8
Dear Sirs,

(Please note: I am not a subscriber to this list; please respond by
email to [log in to unmask] Thank you.)

I am currently hosting a dozen tiny (emphasis: tiny) mailing lists
for a nonprofit organization on my FIDO BBS node, with an email link
to the Internet. That email link will be disconnected shortly, and so
I'm looking for an alternate method of hosting the mailing lists.

I've checked with my ISP (wired2.net), and they do not have the
ability to host mailing lists at this time. I found a notice which
indicated that here I might be able to find a service willing to host
such lists. I'm interested in exploring that possibility.

The nonprofit organization is the Temple of Set, incorporated in
California. The primary mailing lists are:

tos.council (board of directors, fixed at 12 subscribers, averages
5-10 messages a month)

tos.priests (Temple Priesthood, currently 43 subscribers, expect
growth of 5/yr, averages 10-15 messages a month)

tos.pylons (leaders of local pylons, currently 40 subscribers, expect
growth of 5/yr, averages 5-10 messages a month)

There are a few other lists, each of which is smaller and quieter
(combined they had 10 messages last month). Depending on
various limitations, those other lists will probably be dropped.

Our organizational requirements would be that a) only list
administrators could add new subscribers to the list or
change/remove subscribers (I will be the primary administrator, and I
have two assistants lined up should I be on vacation). b) only
subscribers can post messages to the list. c) no moderation is
required (all subscribers can post anything). d) only subscribers
receive messages and/or digests/files from the list. e) The list
administrators (we three) need to be able to a modify subscriber
entries and add subscribers directly (our people have proven to have
very variable email addresses -- we change an average of eight
entries per month across the current 7-8 mailing lists). (We can
handle either browser-based or email-based updates to the list
administration software.)

If anyone here would be willing to host such lists, I'd very much
appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Sincerely,
Robert Menschel,  [log in to unmask]