Eric Thomas <ERIC@SEARN>
Mon, 16 Apr 90 02:04:24 O
>>I can  see how if OHSTVMA  already thought I was  Dominique P. Laflamme
>>this might cause  some unexpected side effects, but it  would have been
>>slightly  easier  for me  to  join  each  new  list if  LISTSERV  would
>>propogate  on my  behalf  the name  it  has for  me  (and possibly  not
>>propogate any requests if it doesn't know who I am).
>
>Good idea! I just fixed it in  LISTEARN, and it will be distributed with
>the next update (only to registered EARN sites, sorry.)

I  was  very surprised  when  I  saw  Nick's  complaint about  PSUVM  not
forwarding his subscription  to OHSTVMA, since this is one  of the things
that I changed  in 1.6a. After verifying that PSUVM  was indeed using the
current version of LSVSUBSC, and checking on my node that it does forward
the user name, I  asked Nick to confirm that the  problem was indeed with
PSUVM, and that  he was indeed registered there. He  answered that he was
no longer  sure which node  it was, and  trying to reproduce  the problem
with USCVM/UIUCVMD  caused LISTSERV  to forward  the user  name as  it is
supposed to.  So, I guess  Nick must have  experienced this problem  on a
1.5o site, where the name is indeed not forwarded.

  Eric