Peter 'Rattacresh' Backes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:40:04 +0200
> What is the best method for backing up your lists? We are on an NT
> system running 11 lists and need that subscriber information backed
> up.

I know that for UNIX copying the .LIST files from the A disk ('home'-
directory) works fine and I guess that's possible under NT too.  I
don't know whether the NT distrib includes a listview, but if it does
you can also retrieve a full ASCII output of your list, including
concealed persons, hidden header lines and the list password.  Your
last resort was to periodically send a GET XYZ LIST (NOL command
which, however, won't contain the list password.  Note that you must
send this command as POSTMASTER (see config file) or you must be
owner of all lists.  If you are not, the respective owners can back
up their lists this way on their own.

-- Peter 'Rattacresh' Backes, [log in to unmask]