John Sheehy <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 May 1998 13:52:47 -0400
I want to set MaxRecipientsPerMessage in sendmail 8.9.0, but I don't want to
interfere with the distribution of listserv lists.

Here I mean message in the SMTP sense. As I understand it listserv splits
list messages into seperate smtp messages with some alrogithm that has a
configurable max number of recipients per smtp message.

I have:

        MAXBSMTP=100

in my go.user file.

Would I be correct in assuming this is the maximum number of recipients that
will be that will _ever_ be for a single SMTP transaction?

In other words if I have 300 users on a machine recieving the same listserv
message, then it will arrive in at least three SMTP transactions?

-John Sheehy
University of Florida