Michael DeGregory <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:02:48 -0500
Good Morning,

We are having an issue with probing on our maintained lists, in which individuals with valid email addresses are being auto deleted due to probe failed errors. This seems to be an issue after we upgraded Listserv to version 14.4 back in August. We have set DEFAULT_PROBE=0 in the site.cfg file as well as set the autodelete properties of the specific list to Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,MAX(5),Delay(160),Probe(0). Probing is still going on some how because that is the reason I see in the changelog file as to why the person was auto deleted. The weird thing is that I don't know why the probe is failing. The probe fails on valid addresses that are reachable through SMTP.

My question is...
1) Is there another way I haven't tried to turn probing totally off globally?
2) Is there a way to turn off probing while sending a distribute email?. These mailings usually go out as a distribute job and we need the bounces to go back to the list address. So below is an example of one of our mail headers.

//PT_EMAIL JOB ECHO=YES
DISTRIBUTE MAIL-MERGE DBMS=YES [log in to unmask] PW=password //TO DD *
SELECT * FROM renewals;
/*

Is there a way to turn the probing off by adding something to the above header? I've tried researching this all with no promising results? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time.