Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:38:57 -0600
I'm going to take a minute and vent about how frustrating this software is
in terms of it's configuration.  I can't understand why the configuration
doesn't allow for the identification of key servers by IP address - servers
such as the SMTP_Forward server etc.  For the umpteenth time I have had a
sendout failure - this time because my network admins renamed the Exchange
gateway server - if I was able to identify the server by IP - the Fully
Qualified Domain Name wouldn't matter - when I tried to change the
configuration - in checking the help file I discover that it won't accept
identification of the server by IP.  Doesn't make sense to me as to why that
limitation exists - but it sure adds an unneeded dependency on maintaining a
pristine network by machine name.