Michael Wagner new! +49 228 8199645 <WAGNER@DBNGMD21>
Thu, 5 May 88 14:08:00 LCL
> What I'd like to have is an option to get a mail ack. just from
> the first LISTSERV (the one to which I send the contribution),
> saying something like:  "your mail to list xxxxxxx arrived at yyy
> and was processed for distribution".
>
> Anybody else thinks it's worthwhile ?

  Sounds pretty good to me.

  Actually, what I'd really prefer was an option that only told me
  when things didn't go well (i.e. "your mail to list xxxxxxxx
  hasn't arrived yet :-) ).

  Silly as this sounds, it really *is* what I want.  I want my mail
  agent to send submissions with a request for an acknowlegement,
  and I want my mail agent to silently eat and file all the
  acknowlegements.  I then want my mail agent, after a programmed
  period of time, to tell me that it *hasn't* gotten an ack yet for
  this submission.

  Am I dreaming?  I suspect I am, at least with current mail agents.
  Too bad, that.  In which case, Zvika's suggestion is at least
  better than what we now have.

Michael