"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Thu, 5 May 88 08:50:06 EDT

Well, I have a different name change problem.  We are looking at installing
VM/XA SP this summer, but will continue to run VM/SP under it for most
of our users.  (We want to reduce the amount of change, plus we need
support for line mode terminals).  However, I would like to move the
Listserv machine to run under the XA system, give it a large area to
work, maybe even a large RAMDISK, and let the XA system worry about
paging it.  The question then is, I can't have 2 nodes called MARIST,
so which one gets the honor, and who do I upset, the local users
who pay my salary, or the thousands of network users who have learned
LISTSERV@MARIST for many functions?  Do I try to modify RSCS(V1.3) to reroute
things by some designed scheme? (What scheme, since it is both messages
and files)  Do I just give it all up?

Harry

PS Michael:  What about all your lists that people use?  Plus don't forget
the PEERS= statement in any list you have peered. (Isn't networking fun?)