Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:23:52 -0400
text/plain (62 lines)
This just came this morning, and F-Secure also confirmed to me separately that they had temporarily withdrawn the hotfix:

>Important notification about hotfix fsav840-02.
>
>
>
>F-Secure released the hotfix fsav840-02 on 15th of October for F-Secure Client Security 8.00 – 8.01, Anti-Virus for Workstations 8.00 and Anti-Virus for File Servers 8.00 – 8.01. We have after that discovered that this hotfix will cause the product to be put in network quarantine mode in systems this feature is enabled.  Practically, it means that clients has connections only to Policy Manager and update servers. We instruct all users who have downloaded this hotfix to delete the file and refrain from installing it on any computers. Network connectivity can be restored for computers with this hotfix installed by following the instructions below.
>
>
>
>F- Secure want to apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.
>
>
>
>If you already installed the problematic hotfix in systems which has Network Quarantine feature enabled, disable it on Policy Manager console:
>
>F-Secure Internet Shield / Settings / Network Quarantine /
>
>>  Network Quarantine Enable -> No
>
>And distribute policies again.
>
>
>
>The new hotfix will be published as soon as possible, estimate is end of the week 43.

I assume by "end of the week 43" they mean around October 31.

Nathan

At 07:15 PM 10/15/2009 -0400, Nathan Brindle wrote:
>Hmm, you're right.  They show up on the hotfix pages but they are not in the directory where they belong.  They were definitely there this morning.
>
>I just sent a note to F-Secure to find out what's going on.
>
>Nathan
>
>At 03:48 PM 10/15/2009 -0500, Andrew Bosch wrote:
>>Where? I followed the link, but I get 550 responses and I can't see them with my copy of SmartFTP.
>>
>>andrew
>>
>>
>>>>> Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]> 10/15/2009 3:32 PM >>>
>>Actually, they are.  I installed them myself this morning and I just checked and they're still there.
>>
>>Nathan
>>
>>At 03:14 PM 10/15/2009 -0500, you wrote:
>>>Note that the patch files are not available on F-Secure's FTP site, yet.
>>>
>>>andrew
>>>
>>>>>> Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]> 10/15/2009 7:45 AM >>>
>>>Forwarding from F-Secure.  This is for sites running FSAV 8 under Windows.
>>>
>>>>From: F-Secure Maintentenance Release Notification Service Subject: F-Secure Maintenance Release Notification
>>>>Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:30:25 +0300
>>>>
>>>>This Maintenance Release Notification comes from F-Secure. For more information on F-Secure's mailing list policy, see end of this message.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2