Michael DeGregory <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:47:04 -0500
Good Morning,

When changing the auto delete properties of a list Max is the total number of allowed bounce backs/errors and Delay is the amount of time in days before removing the subscriber right?

We have a list with Max(5), Delay(160) This means if the subscribers errors five times than remove the account in 160 days, correct? What happens if this person gets to max 5 before the 160 days and then the address does not bounce. For example it is a valid address but had problems the last week and thats why it bounced the five times. Would it still delete this address if a mailing goes through.

Also what happens after the delay time is reached for instance say someone reaches a max of 4 in the 160 days. Does the number reset and start from 0 for the next 160 days?

What I'm trying to do is determine the best way of using the Max and Delay options. I'm not sure if I should make the Max number high and the Delay number high to avoid addresses getting auto-deleted who are in fact valid. I'm not sure if its better to have the Max number high and the Delay low if it resets the count once the delay time is reached.

Thanks in advance,
Mike