"Sneed, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Oct 2009 07:47:22 -0400
You might want to add DEFAULT = NOPOST to the list's configuration. Having this in your configuration will stop anyone except the editors and owners from posting to the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kevin Parris
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 3:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Moderation notice posted to list

You could implement the SPAM_EXIT feature, documented in the Site or Advanced manual (don't remember which at the moment), and in your local script detect and block items claiming to be FROM: your own system.

The CONTENT_FILTER mail template might also be useful in this context, but I haven't tried it for this particular problem.

>>> Peter DiCamillo <[log in to unmask]> 10/01/09 2:43 PM >>>
We have a list, THURSDAY-SUPPER, which has "Send= Editor, Hold", and a
number of editors and moderators.  Spam mail was submitted to the list
with a forged From address which was the list address.  (Both From and
To addresses were the list address.)  Listserv requested confirmation
from the moderators as usual.  However, the moderation response was
posted to the list:

Your message dated Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:21:34 -0400 (EDT) with subject
...  has  been  submitted to  the  moderators  of the THURSDAY-SUPPER list.

That response was posted to the list immediately, without moderation
being applied to it.  I would have thought Listserv would never accept
mail from the list address, either due to loop detection or some other
rule.  Is there a way to prevent that from happening in the future?
We're running Listserv 15.0, but I hope there's a solution short of
upgrading.

Peter