"F. Scott Ophof" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Feb 1994 18:03:38 -0500
The following is *my* *opinion*.

As "pure end-user" (I don't maintain an MLM, nor am I a list-owner)
I feel that "Revised LISTSERV" is the winner of all MLMs (generic
term) I have had to work with since '88.  Mainly on three points:
 - The *humans* involved are generally very friendly.
 - The LISTSERV look-&-feel is less apt to create astonishment.
 - LISTSERV (error) messages are generally more clearly designed so
   ordinary humans reading them will understand what they mean.

Response times are not the most important factor for me; I'd rather
be told tomorrow exactly and clearly what the mistake is, rather
than be given some obfuscating (and thus irritating) message *now*
which takes me till tomorrow to unravel anyway.

In general, LISTSERV seems to be designed for use and maintenance by
*anyone* (regardless of their computer knowledge (if any)), whereas
with the other MLMs there seems to be this assumption that one needs
to know quite a bit of the relevant opsys and its tools (even as
subscriber-only!).

So Eric et al, please keep up the *excellent* work!

Anyone finding (any part of) this inflamatory is strongly advised to
do something about the relevant negative aspects of the non-LISTSERV
MLMs (if they wish them to be really as friendly as LISTSERV).

Regards.
$$/     F. Scott Ophof    [Member of RexxLA]    <[log in to unmask]>