Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Wed, 26 Nov 86 16:04:52 CST
TRANS-L is not a FRECP11 based list server, and BITNIC's claim that users
can subscribe themselves is somewhat shallow in that the mechanism still
has many bugs.  I do agree however that no new list is needed if one
already exists.  Does TRANS-L also cover formats involving systems to
include files inside mail, methods of enveloping binary file in
character only environments, and methods of specifying inter-system
file image reformatting?  These are features my ideas will include,
and TRANS-L seems to be narrowing than this.  Still, if people think
it should go there, then let's put it there.