Date:         Wed, 27 Jul 88 11:40:18 CDT
Sender:       The Crosswell Mailer List <XMAILER@MARIST>
From:         John Voigt - Academic Systems Programmer
Subject:      Re: Hardcopy exit?
To:           "A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>

Actually, you don't really need an EXIT to make something work.  You
might want one for verification or managing internal mail (campus mail)
addressing or somesuch but I found the following works just fine:

in the "outgoing" section:

HARDCOPY.Tulane.EDU LPRT HARDCOPY DEFRT 1 TRUNCATE

LPRT is the name of an RSCS printer.  The truncate option allows mail
to be addressed like:

"Prof. Fred Jones" <[log in to unmask]>

We have had this for quite some time although no one is really using it.

John/