Nick Abiola-Bisiolu <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:10:34 -0500
Hi,

I try using the LCMD command on the Unix box but it was not providing any
output. See sample command below.

lcmd query * for [log in to unmask]

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks for the information.

Nick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stan Horwitz" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: Listserv administration via Unix command

On Mar 20, 2006, at 3:34 PM — 3/20/06, Nick Abiola-Bisiolu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Do anyone know of any command line option that can be use in Unix
> environment to manage Listserv and all list activities ?
> I know of Listview command, but I want to know if there are any  other
> Listserv command to modify List setting without sending  commands via
> email to Listserv ?

There's lcmd which is an optional program you can install. You can
read about it at http://www.lsoft.com/manuals but it will not allow
you to do everything you might want to do. For example, lcmd won't
allow you to create or delete lists; to do that via the command line,
you would need to write your own scripts, but it could certainly be
done.=