John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:42:56 -0400
> > For security reasons, there is no command to delete a list. Anything like
> > this would have to run outside of LISTSERV.
>
> I respectfully disagree.  This is simply a feature that the vendor has yet
> to find a business case to implement.  One can create a list using features
> of the product. Deleting a list is simply an unimplemented feature, IMHO.

Yes you can say that, but you aren't aware of the reason behind my answer.
I happen to know this has been a requested feature for many years. Since
Eric hasn't implemented it for security reasons in all those years, one
could probably say;  "it just ain't gonna happen".  So if you or the
original poster is waiting for this feature, I wouldn't be holding my
breath :-). Again, if you want to delete a list via a command, "Anything
like this would have to run outside of LISTSERV". (Because it is not and
will likely not ever be, in the code)