Bill Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:22:55 -0400
"LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote on 04/12/2006 01:43:06 PM:

> We had already checked the Spool folder and there was nothing in it.
>
> I'm afraid looking at the headers on mail from me may not help because
it's
> coming from a different domain on another server. :-)

Looking at headers is always useful.  It will tell you when it passed
through each point along the path.  If there's a delay, the headers will
help you narrow it down.  try posting them and let us take a look
(sanitize them by only obscuring list and user names)

> We did look at mail headers but could not see anything readily that
might be
> the cause.
>
> The other possibility might be a Microsoft update. :-)

But the patches were pushed out yesterday, not 2 weeks ago when you said
the problem started.

> The other thing I failed to mention is that mail from Listserv is not
just
> slow for us here at this location, it seems to be slow for many of our
> recipients, located all over the country on many different e-mail
systems.
> I do not know that ALL of them are receiving mail slowly, but we have
heard
> from several so we know it is not just us.

Earlier you made it sound like the delay was in it getting to the listserv
box.  That would make it slow for all subscribers.  Do some of them get
the messages in a timely manner and not others??

> Last time something like this happened, it turned out to be that a mail
> relay somewhere out on the Internet was down.  It didn't affect
everyone;
> maybe half.

Yep, that'll do it.