Steve Middlebrook <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 May 90 16:27:42 CST
On Wed, 30 May 90 09:35:40 EDT Bill Jones said:
>If an institution sets up local LISTSERV list, they have complete
>control over the attributes of that list.  It might be worthwhile to
>have some of these internal lists coordinated, but (since we aren't
>running the list), it can't be done from NIH.  I would certainly be
>glad to give whatever assistance is necessary.
>
>Bill Jones, NIH Computer Center

Okie dokie.

From my point of view it seems silly for there to be dozens of non-NIH NIH
Guide lists floating around with us trying to peer them, etc.  We should
have one non-NIH NIH Guide list, set it up for Mail-via= DIST and then
we never have to deal with this stuff again.

NIH would only have one non-NIH NIH Guide list to feed, so I would think
that would please them.

JHU, do you want the honors?  Or I can change the WUNIHG-L list to not
look so ego-centric.  What would be a good name for a non-NIH NIH list?

I would request, though, that the NIH NIH list be set up so that it would be
hidden from people who might see it and try to subscribe to it. Since average
humans could only subscribe to the non-NIH NIH list, it should be the only
globally know version.

stm