Andrew H Derbyshire <$AHD@CLVM>
Wed, 19 Nov 86 12:44:29 EST
Valdis:
You may wish to review the lists already on LISTSERV@FINHUTC; the print
out (all 2800 lines of it) will be in my bin soon next to your office.

SFLOVERS is on it.

Everyone:
I hate to cut short the discussion, but given the current political
status of many nodes I think standard lists are more feasible at this
point.  I suggest unless someone can show cause why we cannot
not use standard lists at a limited number of nodes that do just that.

I justify this statement in that *any* unloading of the ARPA gate is a
noble and worthy cause, and that any effort in that area improves the
position of LISTSERV backers to push for additional nodes.  Additional
nodes would reduce the cost of DISTRIBUTE jobs, which may make that
function more viable at a later date.

Drew Derbyshire

p.s. If this pace keeps up, I strongly suggest we get a moderator.
     Two files an hour 8-16 hours a day is bit much even for a mail
     junkie like Valdis.

      ahd