"John R. Andrews" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:20:29 -0600
We have several lists from 5k-20k subscribers which we load weekly.
Currently, a production job sends each list and header using a PUTALL
command. The whole job of loading all the lists takes 6 hours on an
RX6000 single procesor 590 running AIX. One of the lists takes an hour
to load. While this is happening, I've been told, listserv doesn't
do anything else. So effectively all list mail is backed up for 6 hours.

I don't understand why a PUTALL takes so long. Is there anything I can do
to speed it up? Is there another faster load method? I want to replace
the list. I suppose I could save the old list and generate changes instead,
but that will require rewriting the production job.

John Andrews
UIC