Wayne Johns <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 11:09:31 -0100
Last week we had mention of delays with regard to list mail to JANT
(ja.net) in England. This is a reply I have at long last received.

Wayne

=======
Here is the reply from the administrator of the Janet listserver machine:

I think they have got to the bottom of this. The delays were in the LISTSERV
backbone -- CUNY was not sending mail -- and Eric Thomas had to intervene
late last week.

The local result was a resource problem in the JANET LISTSERV.
It has been brought under control by temporarily disabling (in fact removing)
parts of the substantial queue and trickling them back by hand as the system
is able to take them.

No messages should have been lost, and the backlog is expected to be cleared
by the end of Tuesday.

Thanks for the initial report. If all is not well by Wednesday, please let
me know.