Kev Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 05:57:48 -0500
Hi Guys,

I'm currently preparing a LISTSERV installation and need
some information regarding system integrity.

Our current deployment scenario is as follows:

Windows 2003.
Two separate servers containing identical installations of
LISTSERV with one server to act as the Primary, which will
handle all LISTSERV traffic sitting behind a virtual IP
address. The other server acts as a “Warm standby.”

Somehow, I need to keep the standby server in sync with
the Primary so that in the event of the Primary failing,
we switch to the standby, with potentially little or no
loss of data.

The issue here is how do we keep the second server up to
date?

I'm going to write a separate component to copy LISTSERV’s
file store from the Primary to the Secondary on a regular
basis, but I wondered if anyone on this discussion list
has already tackled the same issue, who may be able to
help.

I have checked the "Moving LISTSERV to a new server"
document, which contains some useful information, but I
wanted some opinions/experiences from anyone who might
have actually done it.

Thanks in advance,
Kev Ward.