W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:37:05 -0230
I have just discovered that because my institution started subscribing to
the ORBS filter, that a LISTSERV list I am owner of, and which is distributed
from another system in another institution, has removed me as subscriber,
because that system was not in the database as a closed relay.   Problem
is that my subscription forms the basis for a full-text database, and while
I can probably retrieve the missed messages from another subscriber, I
would like to prevent this from happening again.

Is there a way to set an individual subscriber to be, so to speak,
undeletable?  When I resubscribed myself, I noticed that the return
notification came with a note saying that "NO notification" had been sent,
presumably because the subscription was done from the address of the
list owner.  Is it possible to link "listowner" designation with the
subscriber database so that even if messages are bounced that might
normally cause a subscriber to be deleted, this would not happen if
it were the list owner?  Or is it possible to have copies of all messages
relayed to an owner, so that the owner would not need to be a
subscriber?

Many thanks for any and all suggestions.

Bill

--
Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406