"John S. Fisher" <FISHER@RPICICGE>
Mon, 9 May 88 11:31:28 EDT
This morning I attempted to update the local copy of PEERS NAMES.  I was
quite successful, but I forget to tell my local LISTSERV that is was for
"its eyes only."  It, with its usual quiet efficiency, attempted to
distribute the file far and near.

Fortunately, LISTSERV is not as dumb as I sometimes am;  all of the LISTSERVs
remote to mine politely rejected the new file.  So, while reviewing daily
console logs from LISTSERV, please disregard that man behind the curtain.
He was not trying to make an unauthorized change to your LISTSERV;  he was
actually making an unauthorized blunder.