Leonard D Woren <LDW@USCMVSA>
Thu, 10 Mar 88 20:14:00 PST
> DMTNJI spends much of its time building the MUCH more complex control
> blocks that are needed to support MVS which for some reason (not unknown)
> seems to need all this silly stuff.  Then it has to spend more time
> breaking them apart and analysing them.  Take a look at the NJE protocols
> document sometime; they are quite complex.  They never heard of KISS.

I don't see anyone on MVS complaining about silly line length limits
of 80 for transmitted files, which seems to be a silly problem on
silly RSCS, as was discussed ad nauseum some time ago on some other
list.

Let's keep the OS wars off of this list (even though I've just added
some fuel...)  The remark quoted above (and Eric's earlier MVS remark
are both uncalled for.

/Leonard