Steve Price <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 18:35:22 -0600
Is it possible to have multiple listservs running on a single
Un*x box?  Before someone jumps on me and says why don't you
just add more lists (and update the license) for your single
listserv please let me explain.  I have two customers that I'm
looking to put on a single box.  They both want their archives
to be hosted from separate sites.  Unless I'm clearly missing the
boat this isn't possible because cgi-bin/wa looks for a file
called /etc/lsv-wa.config that supplies the PATH and URL for the
archives.  This suggests I can only have one archive and thus
my question.

Is there a way to instruct wa to look for this configuration
file from somewhere else?  It would be really sweet if it would
look in the current directory (where the script is run from)
when accessed via the web first and then look in /etc if it
doesn't find one there.

Another option would be to create a wrapper script around wa
but this would only work if one could override where it looked
for the config file via a commandline switch or something.

Thanks.

-Steve