Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jan 1992 18:01:15 +0100
(answering two questions in one message)

On Thu, 23  Jan 1992 10:14:18 CST "Juan  M. Courcoul" <COURCOUL@VMTECQRO>
said:

>On Thu,  23 Jan 1992  10:31:04 EST Bitnet Mgr.  at Dept. of  Energy Hqs.
>said:
>>DMSDDL1079R Receive PUTPN CMSUT1 A1  as LISTSERV CMSUT1 D1? DMSDDL1079R
>>Reply 0 (NO), 1  (YES), 2 (QUIT), or 3 (RENAME)  LOGOFF AT 11:40:29 EST
>>WEDNESDAY 01/22/92 BY SYSTEM

BITMAN: LISTSERV should be able to handle this. Please do a TELL LISTSERV
CMS GLOBALV SELECT LISTSERV LIST SP6; the value of the variable should be
1 if you  are running under CMS7,  if not your CMSPROG field  in NUCON is
screwed up  and this  is the problem.  If SP6=1, add  a trace  to LSVRECV
EXEC. It should add the NOPROMPT option  to DMSDDL; send me a console log
if it doesn't, open an APAR if it does and the prompt is issued anyway.

>Funny thing,  a similar behavior  happened to  our Listserv a  couple of
>weeks ago. It received a PEERS JOB,  so it distributed it to itself, but
>when it finally got around to processing it, it choked.

Juan, this  is a different problem.  A bug in DMSCIO  causes READCARD and
anything which calls the RDCARD macro with RDAHEAD=YES (and that includes
DMSDDL) to  sometimes return garbage. There  is an APAR for  this, I will
post more information on LSTSRV-M when I get a final answer regarding the
exact list of affected releases. The  APAR number is VM39210, and CMS5 is
an affected release for sure.

  Eric