Sam Stoxen <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 13:15:58 PDT
We came up with an unusual problem between SoftSwitch and LISTSERV. We set up a LISTSERV and added names to the list. The LISTSERV software sends out a 'welcome message' from the LISTSERV that is from owner-LIST. When people on the list send mail to each other, the mail comes from owner-list. This does not appear to be to big of a problem until SoftSwitch tries to auto register these in the names directory. The first one registers just fine but the second one will not. Since SoftSwitch registers in uppercase they are equal and auto registration fails. Yet it knows which one is in the table and will not auto register the other.
One work around is to register the second one under a separate name and SoftSwitch will know which is which and the mail will flow properly. The problem is that:
1) We are finding that many lists are sending into our system and having the same problem (users probably think that there isn't very much traffic on the lists that they belong to).
2) The way that we are going around the problem does not really solve it.
Name: Sam Stoxen
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (Sam Stoxen)
Phone: 701-328-4325
FAX  : 701-328-3000