Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:43:55 -0400
On 30 Jun 2005 at 10:31, Weis, Cathy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Maestro datasets. Wow.
>

> We are using Maestro here.  The current thinking is to use that appl
> strictly for our Broadcast/distribution type messages, good 'ol listserv
> would be used for the discussion lists.
>
> With the recent Maestro upgrade, I did note the systems seemed to blend
> and... I have lots of reading and pondering to do!

Yes, now you can have Maestro hold the subscription data for your
good 'ol LISTSERV discussion lists :-) and handle the subscriber
interface for both the discussion and announcement lists in one
place.

> One more question - The database/web designers are wanting me to ask
> about an API for listserv and maestro...?

API for LISTSERV is documented in the Developer's Guide
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/developer/developer.pdf

No API for Maestro yet.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>